• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

faithnlve

I live in Vermont. I worked for in a manufacturing corporation. I was fired. The reasons are a bit confusing even to myself. Anyways, here is what happened. I was hired then end of 2004 and my trainer (not my boss) was to train me on specific job skills. My trainer also is the perpatrator in all this. He was a big jokester so I thought to begin with. I even laughed at some of his sickening jokes just to fit in. Anyways, it got worse. As time went on I told him personal things about my family, one was of my daughter posing for a magazine. I wish I never opened my big mouth on that one. During the 9 months I was working at this company I became very intimidated by this person. I did not want to let on, and wanted to fit in, I worked mainly with men. Anyways, my trainer would email me false emails claiming to be "someone else" and telling me how wonderful I was, and was falling in love with me. This would throw me for a loop since everyone knew I was happily married. Then he began sending me pictures of naked woman. One was a naked woman weighing well over 500 lbs. He also sent me pictures of decapitated heads of iraqui soldiers. It started getting sickening. He began calling me mom saying that he was going to marry my daughter, now that he saw her picture. I tried to ignore all this, but then it hit the fan. He had my daughters pictures, one a centerfold naked picture I NEVER wanted to see, and he knew this, but he not only emailed it to me from his desk at work, but also to others. This was a picture he had on his fridge at home! I was furious! He emailed me back saying I should be proud of her and that she has such a beautiful mother too. My heart was in my throat. I was telling my girlfriend for a couple of months what was happening to me at work, and I began not looking forward to being there. She was a higher level manager where I worked, and ended up reporting it. That night when I got called into the managers office I had no idea what for. It all came out. I was scared now to say the least. Some of these guys had tempers, and what if they found out it was me? My manager said nothing would be said since these emails went to others as well, this person would be reprimanded. He also told to just deny it was me. Well, I began having headaches, severe ones, and lost 2 weeks of work from them. I filled out the required forms before returning to work from my doctor. BUT, the first night back to work a male coworker came up to me just about nose to nose and said "I DONT like what you have been doing, and stared AWFUL AT ME! I asked him what did I do?? He said nothing but "I just dont like it!!" I went to my computer and lo and behold an email from my trainer accusing me of turning him in, and saying I put his job on the line. They put him on probation. Through that night noone would talk to me, just stares, my line lead was my trainers best friend and he treated me terrible with yelling and humiliating me. I went to my manager the next night since he wasnt in my first night back, and told him they either move me or I am quitting, and told them what happened. How it leaked out I have no idea. Anyways, my headaches got so bad again I was losing time, the stress was unbelievable. They moved me that night. Problem was now the headaches were back again. I lost another 2 weeks, and my manager knew I was having a coping issue at work even though they moved me, because I still had to go in that area where this guy and his friends worked. He told me to suck it up! deal with it. Ignore them. Well, my health kept going downhill from the stress of all this. Two days before going back to work I emailed my manager telling him I was sorry for being out so much from all this, but I was on meds in which I could not work. He said get the paperwork in for my medical reasons as soon as possible. two days after that I was fired! This guy is still there. I cannot believe this....is this right????????

pattytx

Because we all have regular jobs and are volunteers here. If the poster wants advice, the least he/she can do is make the post so we can read it without getting our eyes crossed. I gave up, as apparently did the other regular responders here.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My further response:

faithnlve, start a new thread. Edit your post to give us a short version of the circumstances without the "opinions, "feelings" or "beliefs". Just give us the facts leading up to your problem and your legal question. Use paragraphs to make it easier to read.

You should get some responses if you follow these easy writing tips.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">