• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AKR

A friend recently was fired from a charter private school. On her legal record, she has never been late to work, never missed a day, everyone likes her (parents and students). However, she is pregnant and she is the only minority woman working at this school (teaches children-including my child- from ages 3-8). I am very concerned, because this lady has never been fired from a job. I know her character personaly from working with her and over her at our church. She is the nicest person that anybody would want to know, very easy going, pleasant and a hard worker. The director of this school let her go with one days notice with the lame excuse of, "We Just Don't Click". I think they were wrong, very unprofessional, uncaring (letting a pregnant, educated, minority woman -4months - only married a year go right before Christmas)with a stupid excuse of "We Don't Click." Can they legally do this? What should she do? I feel like transfering my child from that school because of the injustice. This woman was the ONLY minority staff member and I just can't believe it! Excuse my efforts to believe the best of everyone - people really can be cruel. P.S. we live in OHIO.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">