• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired ?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angeldown

What is the name of your state? North Carolina:confused:I GOT FIRED AFTER WORKING VERY HARD FOR A COMPANY.I FEEL IT WAS WRONG I HAVE HAD MY NAME TRASHED THROUGH THE DIRT AND IT IS NOT FAIR.WHAT CAN I DO TO GET WHAT IS DUE TO ME. MAYBE THE STRESS OF THE JOB WAS GOING TO KILL ME. BUT IT IS KILLING ME MORE TO HAVE SO MANY THINGS SAID ABOUT ME THAT JUST IS NOT TRUE.TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
You haven't given nearly enough facts for anyone to offer advice.

NC is, however, an "at-will" employment state. You can be fired at any time and for any reason as long as it is not a reason specifically prohibited by law (race, religion, sex, etc.)

By the way, just because something is "not fair" doesn't mean it's illegal.

Beth3

All you've told us is that you were fired and you feel it was wrong. How about some details about why you were fired, who is saying negative things about you, and to whom?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">