• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for adding a word to a posted bullentin

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joysgirl2

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

My nephew has been at his job for over a year, during this time their benefits have been dwindling down. They received another notice posted on the bullentin board Friday, stating more of their benefits were being reduced. My nephew wrote "F--- You!" on the notice. Monday a meeting was called and the employees were asked who had written on the notice. My nephew stated he had. They told him to go home and come back the next day to meet with them. He did so, and they fired him for writing his opinion on the posted bullentin.

The next day, my nephews girlfriend was called into the office, she has been working for this company the same amount of time as my nephew, and they fired her for "conflict of interest." I would have to believe this is a case of discrimination. Is this so?

joysgirl2 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

My nephew has been at his job for over a year, during this time their benefits have been dwindling down. They received another notice posted on the bullentin board Friday, stating more of their benefits were being reduced. My nephew wrote "F--- You!" on the notice. Monday a meeting was called and the employees were asked who had written on the notice. My nephew stated he had. They told him to go home and come back the next day to meet with them. He did so, and they fired him for writing his opinion on the posted bullentin.

The next day, my nephews girlfriend was called into the office, she has been working for this company the same amount of time as my nephew, and they fired her for "conflict of interest." I would have to believe this is a case of discrimination. Is this so?
Your nephew is a person after my own heart although I would've never did what he did.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is nothing even remotely resembling illegal discrimination in terming your nephew for this reason, and while it might be unfair to fire his girlfriend too, it is not illegal. Neither of them has any kind of legal case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">