• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired after being hurt on job.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nobody20

What is the name of your state? oklahoma

I was recently fired from my job as a cashier after I tried to file worker's comp. My employer did not have workers comp. He did pay for a doctor and i paid for my own doctor. My doctor said it was possible corpal tunneling syndrome. His doctor said reynauds syndrome. Which i have no symptoms of. Than stated what was wrong with me is because i smoke. My employer fired me one week before his doctor released me back to work. Am I able to file for wrongful termination? I filed a claim in worker's comp and won. Any help will be grately appreciated.

Beth3

You haven't provided enough information to give you an answer to your question.

For starters, please post back and answer the following:

1. What reason did your employer give you for terminating your employment?
2. How many people are employed by your employer?
3. How long were you on leave?
4. How long had you worked there?
5. Were you going to be released back to full duty or did you have any kind of medical restrictions?
6. When you say you filed a claim in worker's compensation and won, what does that mean? Are you saying you contacted your State's WC Division and filed some sort of complaint because your employer did not carry worker's comp insurance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">