• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired after I was told don't worry!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cainbdc1

What is the name of your state? Texas, I was employed at an aviation overhaul company. I was ther 3 weeks today, I missed 8 days out of the 15 days I worked. My son had an illness, My grandmother passed. I worked with employee assistance on the matter. I went to my boss and told him why I was missing work and he said he understood and not to worry. My job was safe because everyone has bad luck. I returned to work today and worked for 4hrs. I went to medical to show doctor what meds I was taking so I wouldn't lose job on drug test. Doctor said I can't work around planes on these meds. My boss then fired me because he said I would be missing more work. I said I wouldn't take meds anymore and said it didn't matter, He was firing me for attendance not meds. He said my job was safe then fired me anyways. Am I out of luck or can I still get job back? I kept line of communication open and followde what he said I had to do and still got fired.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you missed eight out of your first fifteen days of work, that would be enough right there for most companies to fire you. Add the fact that you're working for an aviation overhaul company and on your medication you can't work around planes, I don't see how the company can NOT fire you, regardless of what they may have said in the past. It's highly unlikely that what he said constitutes a binding contract.

Beth3

You were only there 3 weeks, were absent 50% of the time, and now can't do the job you were hired to do? I think you'd have been terminated just about anywhere and as cbg said, it's highly unlikely any committment was made that would allow you to challenge their decision.

I'm sorry for your trouble but the reality is the employer hired you because they need somebody to do the job. Unfortunately you just weren't able to do that.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Hey, there's nothing in the world like testing a Mustang P-51B "Allison" 16 piston engine with a four blade propeller - - especially when you're as high as kite on Valium!

One word - - hamburger.

Oh, yeah. I'd really want YOU to repair MY airplane while you're on heavy meds.

Just what the hell logic does that make?

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">