• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired after Rehab

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moman2208

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
I first want to say I have never had a verbal or written warning and have a completely clean record. I have a problem with alcohol and new I need help so I went to my manager and told him I needed to take a medical leave to go to rehab. I went and completed my program and self reported to the nursing board. I did everything right but when I wanted to return to work I was asked to resign. In the meeting I had no HR representation and when I asked if I needed to write a resignation letter my director said no. She pointed to 2 things in my CANDO (nursing board program for addicted nurses) 1. a restriction on taking out narcotics from the omnicell for 6 months and 2. that I had to have a direct supervisor. I work nights so I wasn't sure who would qualify as a direct supervisor but after talking to the board they said a house supervisor (which we have at night) was fine. I was also told there was no way to lock me out from taking out narcotics which I found out was a lie. I feel that if I had cancer or if I had lied about my leave I would still have my job. Do I have a a case?

ecmst12

How long were you out?

If they can't comply with your restrictions then you shouldn't be able to work there...you obviously need supervision at this stage of your recovery, which they may not be able to provide.

moman2208

I don't want money I just want my job and they can accomidate me because we have a house supervisor there at all times.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">