• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired after two weeks from salary position

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zwhite66

What is the name of your state?Ohio. I was fired from a job after two weeks. It was a salary position, and I left my prior job with a two week notice. I would have liked a two week notice of my termination, or something other than a thanks alot. He said my performance was good, but other staff members felt I didn't fit in. Is there anything I can do?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No. They have no legal obligation to give you two weeks notice that you are being terminated and there are some excellent reasons why they shouldn't.

Ohio is an at-will state: you can quit at any time and for any reason, and you can be fired at any time and for any reason not specifically prohibited by law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">