• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for age discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

ma17ri

I live In EL Paso texas. I have been fired after being moved to a new job where I worked for 10 years. The new company I moved to grandfathered me into their company and has recognized me to have been working there for 10 years. For the last 6 months I've been working there, my boss constantly questions me and says that I am not doing my work, which is not the case because my numbers prove to be better than anyone else in my area at work. Before they fired me my Boss asked me to train his brother-in-law and teach him how to do everything in the office. The office has began to surround itself with youger males in their 20's and 30's i am a 50 yr. old male. My boss also constantly drinks on the job. Do have any legal backing that I may go about sewing my boss, for age discrimination, nepatism, and for not giving me any reason for firing me. Also they asked me to sign a "at will" policy which i have not done yet, what is this?

L

loku

Nepotism is not illegal. Also, the company does not have to give you a reason for firing you. However age discrimination is illegal, and if you can prove that is the reason for the termination, you have a valid case. However, such proof is often difficult to provide. I suggest you talk to a Texas employment law attorney to see if you have a case you can win.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">