• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired to avoid payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cwallace

My fiancee works for a new home builder here in Texas. He is on a strict commission only pay structure. When a home is sold, he recieves one third of his commission up front, and the remainder when the home closes, usually several months later. In the month of March, he was finally closing on a total of 15 homes that he had been working on for months - something that should have resulted in over $20,000 in payment for that month. However, at the end of Febuary, only two days before the first home was to close, he was dismissed from the company. He was given no reason, although he asked several times. He was consistantly in the top three salespeople in the company, and was rated above average by his customers on his comment cards. However, the company vps bonus is caluculated as a percentage of the total profit gained by the company per year. We found out from my fiancees uncle (who also worked for the company) that a trainee was put in the subdivision my fiancee was working out of, allowing the company to keep all of the commissions that should have gone to my fiancee. Only 12 days later, the uncle was fired as well, again with no reason given and an outstanding performance record. I admit that we have sat on this for a while (its been 2 months since he ws fired) but the builders here are quite close knit, and fighting with one will land you a reputation as a "bad egg". Do we have any way to fight this?? Is there any way we can prove that he was fired to save the company money? What would we need???

M

mary hartman

OH GEE TEXAS low life REDNECK COUNTRY the armpit of America

You have just been REDNECKED!!!!

You see REDNECKS think that stealing is a way of life.

You must stoop to a scumbag redneck, by TOMORROW hiring a lawyer to sue the company ...

You have a contract,sarting he gets his 1/3,1/3,1/3 payments and it is in writing right?

UH OH ITS NOT IN WRITING.......

YOURE FUKKKKKED THIS IS A TYPICAL REDNECK PLOT UPON STUPID PEOPLE...... LIKE YOUR HUBBY!

REDNECKS NEVER put anything in writing, and then they cant be sued

B

BabyBentley

mary-

please stop with the Texas redneck bashing. It is inpolite and frankly i'm offended that you would post such a thing in more than one post. Rednecks are people too. Just because you are in NY, doesn't give you the right to critisize and stereo-type people. Please be more respectful!!

M

mary hartman

OH gee REDNECK BASHING.........

See if you are NOT A REDNECK you would know better then to work for straight commission, ( you should have gotten a weekly advance) and to trust an employer.

And you would have gotten everything in writing!

But after living in the south, I HATED the low life attiudes of the people. Sure there are low lifes here in NYCity...

But no where near the quantity of low lifes that i met in the south!

C

cwallace

Actually, the funny thing is, I agree with Mary. Im originally from Chicago, and quite frankly, people here suck and would eat their own mother for a profit. My fiancee is from Texas, but hes not stupid....hes just young and was willing to risk the eventual concequence for the money hed make, and it was worth it(he made over 100,000 last year for the same company, which isnt bad for a 21 year old with no college). I only posted here because I wanted to see if anyone could find anything inherently legally wrong with the situation I posted. If not, then thats ok. Homebuilders here are very particular about their reputations, so a few threatening letters will probably get us half our money back anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">