• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired b/c didn't come in on my day off.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TRISHA2005

What is the name of your state?TX

I was wanting to know if My employers can fire me,b/c I didn't came in on my day off. Because I had the day off and they called me at home and I saw the number on my caller id and then they called my moms house saying that I had to work,i guess b/c the person that had to work called in. So If i didn't go to work. Is it legal for them to terminate me. :confused:

HomeGuru

TRISHA2005 said:
What is the name of your state?TX

I was wanting to know if My employers can fire me,b/c I didn't came in on my day off. Because I had the day off and they called me at home and I saw the number on my caller id and then they called my moms house saying that I had to work,i guess b/c the person that had to work called in. So If i didn't go to work. Is it legal for them to terminate me. :confused:

**A: yes, they can fire you for that reason, for another reason or for no reason at all.

TRISHA2005

really

even if I never knew I had to come in till after the fact.b/c I was out for the day.I didn't actualy talk to anyone till after the fact,or see the number on my caller id or hear the message till after.

HomeGuru

TRISHA2005 said:
even if I never knew I had to come in till after the fact.b/c I was out for the day.I didn't actualy talk to anyone till after the fact,or see the number on my caller id or hear the message till after.

**A: yes, really.

pattytx

And the reason that it is legal to fire you under these circumstances is because there is no law that says they can't.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">