• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for background after 4 years on job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

terirose

After 4 years on the job, I was fired because "there was too much stuff" in my background check. This was the third time I had submitted my prints, I was hired while working in the Sheriff's Labor Program and my employment applications included my past arrests. I thought they were giving me a chance to prove myself inspite of my background. The administrator that told my boss to let me go was the one who okayed my hiring with "as long as she's not a child molestor". Is there any way I can get my job back? I loved my job and did it well!

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You are saying after 4 years they decide to pull the background check excuse????

Well, it would depend on your arrests and your present record and reviews.

The problem here is it is an arm of the state, very hard to sue. But talk to an employment labor law attorney to see what can be done.

Would you rather have your job back (hostile environment) or try to get a settlement for something like wrongful termination (if you can pursue this cause of action based on lawyer's analysis)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">