• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired Because of Boyfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Taurean

I've been working for a lady, in Montana, running her ranch for the past 16 months. I was provided with a house so I can live on the ranch. She had no problem with my boyfriend living with me and helping me work, although it was my job. She has done nothing but praise our work, and neither of us has ever done anything 'wrong.' We've been ideal employees. Now she has all of a sudden given me two weeks' notice that I am fired and have to move. Her reason was that she couldn't get along with my boyfriend. The past few months, she has been treating us very badly and has been verbally abusive. But we've done NOTHING wrong. My boyfriend and I both have always done anything to please her. Luckily, we do own another house and won't be homeless (especially during the holidays!). My questions are these: Doesn't she have to give me more notice since I live here? Can she fire me because she doesn't like my boyfriend? And, most importantly, can she deny my right to unemployment benefits? I know she'll try, because she has done all of this before to someone else. Any info would be appreciated. I think I can be out of here by the date she wants, but I still want to know my rights. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">