• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired because of clearances

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

PA

I am a director of one of three day care schools owned by the same gentlemen. I hired a young lady and she was a very nice and good employee. Unfortunately when her clearances came back her PA State police report showed that she was incarcerated for 4 1/2 months for theft. I found this very odd because her fingerprints came back clean and so did her child abuse clearance...but the owner of the company made me fire her....which I did with deep regret.
The young lady kept telling me that this was a case of mistaken identity and this was not her. I truly believed her but the owner said NO.
Well as it turns out we subsequently got a letter from the PA State Police that this was indeed a case of mistaken identity and that her record is clean.
Now the issue: The director from another center was talking to one of her employees about why this girl was fired and of course this information is now flying around my center. The owner is livid about this information being talked about because he now fears this young lady could get us for ruining her reputaion, false accusations...etc. I mean I understand the reason for letting her go...we can only go by what is in our hand and this was the information provided to us. I am very glad this was a mistaken info/identity, what ever you want to call it, and I would love to her come back to work, but with too many loose lips in both centers I fear things will get back to her and these things would be false information .....What to do?????

eerelations

Given that you and all of your little friends who share your forum ID here (in direct and wilful violation of forum rules) have made it quite clear - over and over and over again - that you think we're nasty mean rude anal idiots, why on earth would you think we'd want to be bothered communicating any more with all of you? And given your oft-stated low opinion of us and our expertise, why on earth are you coming back here? :confused:

davidmcbeth3

You can either do nothing as you certainly had reason for the termination or you can offer the girl her job back knowing that you may have a disgruntled employee being returned.

And will the owner even allow you to offer her her job back?

The issue of what others know or belief, I would not let this be a factor at all.

eerelations

You can either do nothing as you certainly had reason for the termination or you can offer the girl her job back knowing that you may have a disgruntled employee being returned.

And will the owner even allow you to offer her her job back?

The issue of what others know or belief, I would not let this be a factor at all.
You shouldn't have wasted your time on this OP. Check his/her/their posting history. He/she/they hate us. (And we don't much like them either, but that's a different issue.)

eerelations

We were much nicer, for quite a while. Then OP went berserk because we weren't telling them what they wanted to hear (i.e., their faux version of the law), and called us a load of nasty names.

Last edited:
We were, much nicer, for quite a while. Then OP went berserk because we weren't telling them what they wanted to hear (i.e., their faux version of the law), and called us a load of nasty names.

I do not remember calling you a load of nasty names much less going beserk. I do think sometimes the replies you make can be very rude to people going through a tough time, but that is besides the point.

Thanks for the help and I promise you I will never use this site again.

eerelations

Chesk your posting history, it's all here. That's what I did, and that's what caused me to ask why on earth you were returning after all the names you called us. I certainly wasn't telling you to go away forever, I was just expressing puzzlement as to why you'd want legal advice from a bunch of people you think are idiots.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why yes it does. Now if someone could tell me how to remove my info from this site...i.e. email address.....I would appreciate that information. Or if you could remove me from this site I will be grateful.
Just stop posting and fade away. It's best for everyone.

Just stop posting and fade away. It's best for everyone.

Wow....this is why I want my info taken off this site. I have read numorous replies to other threads from other people and the rudeness of some of the replies is appalling. There is no need to be so disrespectful of people going through a crisis in their lives.

We all have issues in many parts of our lives...so dont just base your answers on previous questions...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Wow....this is why I want my info taken off this site. I have read numorous replies to other threads from other people and the rudeness of some of the replies is appalling. There is no need to be so disrespectful of people going through a crisis in their lives.

We all have issues in many parts of our lives...so dont just base your answers on previous questions...
You asked to be removed. I told you the best way to accomplish your goal.

Good day!

ESteele

OP, your employer may have bigger problems than coworkers gossiping about this aggrieved employee.

PA prohibits irrational employment discrimination against ex-offenders. It strikes me that terminating an individual because the employer erroneously concluded that this worker was incarcerated for some unknown reason may fall within the bailiwick of this state statute. It would not surprise if this aggrieved employee successfully sues the company in the near future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">