• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired because I am pregnant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MollyDoll

I believe that I was fired from my job because I am pregnant, my boss gave me no reason why he fired me, I was a good waitress and can prove it. What should I do? This happened in Mesquite, NV.

Neal1421

MollyDoll said:
I believe that I was fired from my job because I am pregnant, my boss gave me no reason why he fired me, I was a good waitress and can prove it. What should I do? This happened in Mesquite, NV.
If you have no proof there is nothing you can do other than look for another job.

Good luck.

MollyDoll

How could anyone in this circumstance have proof? Not many employers are going to come right out and say it in front of a witness. The only evidence I even have is that I was a very good waitress, which I have witnesses to, that he fired me as soon as he had someone to replace me (who was a man, no less), that he told me to go get an abortion when I first told him that I was pregnant, and that he told me I was useless to him now that I was pregnant.

Neal1421

MollyDoll said:
How could anyone in this circumstance have proof? Not many employers are going to come right out and say it in front of a witness. The only evidence I even have is that I was a very good waitress, which I have witnesses to, that he fired me as soon as he had someone to replace me (who was a man, no less), that he told me to go get an abortion when I first told him that I was pregnant, and that he told me I was useless to him now that I was pregnant.
Sorry without proof that the reason he fired you was because you are pregnant, you have no case. Like I said before, just try to find another job. Don't waste your money trying to sue your boss because it will be just that, a waste.

Beth3

MollyDoll said:
You don't need to have proof that you were fired because you were pregnant. If you file a discrimination complaint with your State's equal rights division or the federal EEOC, they will investigate and determine whether there was some legitimate reason you were discharged (even if it was only that they had more waitresses than they needed) If there was none, then the State or EEOC may conclude you were discharged for a prohibited reason and then (and only then) can you file a civil suit if you wish to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">