• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired because I did the job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

phanie

oregon
first of all i should mention i am working through an employment agency. i was on an assignment that was intended to become permanent after six months. i was to replace someone who had given notice; also the person training me. this person was/is very lazy; maybe worked only half the day. the person training me is a very good friend of the hr person. i picked up on the job pretty quick. i was even able to show my trainer a few things upon request. after about a week i could tell the trainer didn't like me. she would sometimes ignore me and was occasionally snippy when asked a question. i felt i got along with everyone except hr person and trainer pretty well. even though i felt these two people didn't like me, i always treated them with respect. well during the third week of the assignment, after getting home from work, i called the employment agency to check in. i talked to them about my frustrations with the trainer but let them know i would be okay. that is when I was informed the hr person called today and said today was my last day. when asked why, the hr person said i did a good job, that is wasnt in my performance and that I just wasnt a good fit. no further explanation provided. i feel i was let go because i did my job. did they have the right to let me go? Discrimination? I have never been let go like this before. i am an emotional basket case right now.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

B

buddy2bear

Unfortunately, if you don't have an employment contract or are a member of a union, then they do have the right to let you go. They don't even need a reason. At least they didn't say it was because of your performance, which statement would have caused you problems down the road. You weren't a "good fit" because, obviously, "someone" looked at you as a danger to their job security! It happens a lot, and truth be told if you were in the same position wouldn't you act the same?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">