• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired because of intimidation...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dontfireme

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

I had an employee that put in his two weeks notice. After one of the two weeks he was caught doing drugs. Along with HR's assistance we decided to let him go a week early with full pay. On his exit interview he said I intimidated him and was disgruntled for being let go a week early. I was investigated and fired for pushing my employees too hard. Now I've heard the guy is suing the company for wrongful dismissal. Can he only sue the company or can he sure me too even though I don't work for the company anymore?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
He can try. But if the facts are as you describe them, he does not have a case for wrongful dismissal so don't worry about it.

dontfireme said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

I had an employee that put in his two weeks notice. After one of the two weeks he was caught doing drugs. Along with HR's assistance we decided to let him go a week early with full pay. On his exit interview he said I intimidated him and was disgruntled for being let go a week early. I was investigated and fired for pushing my employees too hard. Now I've heard the guy is suing the company for wrongful dismissal. Can he only sue the company or can he sure me too even though I don't work for the company anymore?
I'm just curious, what is your former employer's idea of "pushing too hard"? I don't find it hard to believe but I do find it hard to understand.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">