• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired because of a Joke

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dontheox

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I was working as a manager for two months at a transportation company.

One weekend me and some co-workers had to go to a training class it was a long drive and we were talking a joking around. One of my co-workers who was female asked if I knew any good jokes I told her no that, all the jokes I could think of were dirty and I did not feel comfortable telling them the jokes. They pressured me into telling the jokes saing that they don't get offended and that we are all friends here.

The next week I was fired for offending a co-worker.

Is there anything I can do about it or I am just up the creek.

dontheox

Thanks, that what I thought. I should have known better than to tell that stupid joke.
Well lesson learned.

Beth3

I do think it stinks that they begged you to tell them these jokes and then turned around and complained about it though.

dontheox

Yeah it dose, but looking at it now I have a better job more free time and better pay.

So I guess it worked out for the best I just hope no one else gets fired because of the same reason I did.

By the by I really like your signature, I completely agree with you.

A ex friend of mind made me a believer of that saying.

dontheox

Some where right now some one is having sex with an animal, and some of you are thinking lets get they before there is a line.

And then we wonder why animals attack us!

I know its a dumb joke, but I am going to get printed and framed so I can hang it on my wall at home.

Sockeye

dontheox said:
Some where right now some one is having sex with an animal, and some of you are thinking lets get they before there is a line.

And then we wonder why animals attack us!

I know its a dumb joke, but I am going to get printed and framed so I can hang it on my wall at home.
So dumb it's justifiable to fire you even if no offence was taken! :p

If your ever asked again for a joke use this one, it's simple and only offensive to people with speach impediments.

"Knock, knock"
"Who's there?"
"Duane"
"Duane who?"
"Duane the bathtub, I'm dwoning!"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">