• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired because of retribution?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

calexand77

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? AZ

My husband is in sales and was fired for not selling anything, however, he has received two commission checks on his sales year to date and is selling at the same level as others on his sales team. Also, his sales goal is for the year and the year isn't even over yet. His boss never performed his 90 day review (he was at the company for 5 months), never formally written him up for performance, etc. His firing also comes one week after he sent an email to his boss' boss (after advice from the VP of HR) on his sales team's areas of opportunity and need of improvements. I think his firing was due to this email, not the sales. Can you fire someone for retribution in Arizona? Should we try to get a lawyer?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
According to my sources, what you describe is not illegal in Arizona; in fact, it is not illegal in most states.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">