• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired for being disabled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
krh69, it might be confusing to you to try to determine who is right when not knowing the answer is why you came here in the first place. But I do encourage you to ignore willyjo's "advice".

He offered this gem to someone else who came here for help:

On the basis of what you posted, it seems you were wrongfully terminated! If you had more seniority than others on your team, you should have at least had an option to take a demotion to their level. The fact you wasn't given that option, makes it wrongful. Maybe you can try to show that you were terminated because you are a woman. Please seek help from any one of countless attorneys in our nation who can and will probably help you. Also, I can't help but think that maybe your recent surgery and recovery had something to do with it also. There are laws against termination because someone is or was recently disabled.
That might not tell you anything, but that response is not only wrong, it's appallingly wrong. Willyjo has no clue what he's talking about.

And, no, I'm not a lawyer either.

cyjeff

krh69, it might be confusing to you to try to determine who is right when not knowing the answer is why you came here in the first place. But I do encourage you to ignore willyjo's "advice".

He offered this gem to someone else who came here for help:

That might not tell you anything, but that response is not only wrong, it's appallingly wrong. Willyjo has no clue what he's talking about.

And, no, I'm not a lawyer either.
Unfortunately, the poster probably took Willyjo's advice. She may have actually had a case... but he screwed her into the ground.

At least, let's hope she talks to an attorney. That is her only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">