• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for being sick?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

97lincoln

What is the name of your state? MN

I worked through a temp hiring agency for a few weeks and got fired when I got the flu. My job was working in a food processing plant and they have strict rule in their handbook saying not to come in work sick since I handle food. I called the temp agency and plant every day was sick. In fact the second day I was sick I called the temp agency to see if I could see a doctor because I was told I had health coverage through them. They told me in order to have health coverage I would have had to fill out the forms I got in the mail which I didn't get till later the day they fired me. I don't have health insurance and cant afford it. Now because of this temp agency I can't find a job since once the employeer sees that I only worked at my latest job for only 3 weeks they feel I am not reliable. Before working at the temp agency I had my other job for over 4 1/2 years.

97lincoln

Sorry I left out some details. Basically they said I can no longer apply for any jobs through the temp agency. Is there anyway I could get my job back?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">