• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FIRED for billing error

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tbarber3

Hi Im Michelle Ive been working for a dentist office for 1 year
On Saturday I was Fired, I have never missed a day in that year never been late never was sick, On Sat I worked all day at the end of the day my boss fired me for the reason he said a mistake was made on some 1 account and he will not stand for it. He said he cant keep having these mistakes happening.First of all Im not the only one who does the billing we just hired a new lady shes not catching on very well so I belive it could of been her or the other two ladies we all have accsess to the computer billing,He blamed it on me so i got fired i dont remember this account or the paients name. there no way of knowing who made the mistake so why did I get blamed and fired And will I get approved for unemployment help..
Michelle

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unless you have a contract guaranteeing you employment for a particular length of time, your employer can fire you for any reason or no reason, just not an illegal reason. Nothing in your post indicates that an illegal reason has transpired.

It's impossible to say for sure if you will get UI since that is very state and fact specific, but in my experience it's more likely than not that you will.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">