• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired with cause, unfairly targeted, only 2 out of 3 fired for doing the same thing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adm006

What is the name of your state? COLORADO

I was employed as a Supervisor in a Market Research Call Center where my staff conducts surveys, both myself and my direct Manager were terminated for instructing three staff members to falsify one survey each. My question or problem is that it was not only us two who were involved. A fellow Supervisor was just as much, if not more involved in the actions. The company conducted an investigation into this matter when they suspected that my Manager and I were involved. During this investigation they learned that the other Supervisor was also involved and yet she is still employed there. Since we were fired with cause and their internal investigation points out the other Supervisor as much as it does my Manager and I, shouldn't the other Supervisor have to be fired as well. (my separation form that the company gave me stated that the reason I was fired was for the above mentioned actions, and does not state any other reasons) Any help / comments / advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Nothing in the law requires that all employees be treated identically for the same offense. There can be a number of valid, non-discriminatory reasons to treat one employee differently than the other two, including but not limited to:

1,) The company has reason to believe that this person is less culpable than the other two
2.) Her past record is better
3.) She has been with the company longer and they are willing to give her an additional chance
4.) Her position would for some reason be harder to fill

Unless there is a valid, supportable reason to believe that she was treated differently BECAUSE OF her race, religion, national origin etc. (and you don't give any information to suggest this is the case) the company is acting legally and you have no recourse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">