• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired for ciolation of Co policies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amr

fired for violation of Co policies

I was working with a well known bank in california for 6 months when I was fired for involuntary termination for violation of company policies and/or work rules.
when I was hired for the bank I just found of that I was pregnate and my direct supervisor was very aware and told me that we should keep it to ourselves since I just started. she hired me and loved the idea that I have a refferal source of the area whom I get serveal new accounts (checking) and credit accounts from. during my employment, I would recieve faxes of credit apps.I would imput them for approval and cross-sell them new accounts with the approved credit. my supervisor was well aware of what I was doing and kept micro-managing me to get more and more sells to keep my job. all I got was praise for all the accounts I was opening. I was doing so many of them I was overwelmed by the end of the quarter and I had not sent out some of the new account applications for signatures. I recieved a phone call from another office stating that I gave a credit card to a minor. I then sent over the credit application the applicant sent to me with the information she filled out , stating that she was 18.
needless to say thats how all this got started. They started investigating everything I did and said that I was gaming to meet sales goals. After 4 weeks of interagation and 3 trips to emergeny because of stress on my pregnancy they terminated me. I filed for unemployment and have been recieving it for 2 months & now they are appealing my unemployment stating that i was fired for misconduct.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It is illegal to fire someone because they are pregnant. However, that does not mean that a person who is pregnant cannot be fired for other reasons.

Do you have reason to believe that the "real" reason you were fired is due to your pregnancy and that the misconduct reason was a pretext?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">