• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for claiming employeer to fix W-2 form ( lower of what I declared )

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thehosst

What is the name of your state?Florida. I was fired along with may other employees from a restaurant in Miami Beach after we claimed that the W-2 forms were way below of what we declared, we made about 30,000 and employeer gave us W-2 forms for 10,000. We asked for months and after 3 months of being promised that the forms will be fixed we were all fired within 2 weeks. This affect us since we lost our jobs, with a very low W2 form our income seems to be so low or not enough to buy a house or a car as many intended plus we may be looking as if we are comminting tax fraud ourselves, can someone help me to find a number or address where to direct my claim to the IRS so they can take it into consideration and investigate the employeer? I will appreciate it very much, thank you.

Some Random Guy

I'm sure that you can find a number on the www.irs.gov site

Also call the state department of labor since it sounds like your payroll taxes were underpaid.

Do you have copies of pay stubs from last year that will support your claims?

thehosst

I have all documents that support my claim, but is this a rare issue or do employers change W2 forms for any particular reason?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">