• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired do to medical reasons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

diggum2002

i am from arkansas. i worked for this company for two years. no atendance problems. i had to have gall bladder surgery. do to problems with the surgery, i had to go back to the hospital six times in a four month period. staying three days to a week at a time. i have doc. notes and reports stating i was in the hospital. the day i was fired was not do to medical. i had power outtage at my home but because i was out so much in the hospital i used up all my time to be out. i called the last day i missed and told my superviser i was on my way and she said thats ok i am fixing to leave. it was 9am. can they fire my because of atendance even though i was in the hospital? plus, i was never released from my doc. when i went back to work. my employer informed me that if i didn't come back i would lose my job. so i went back early without a release. can they do that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">