• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired Due To Misconduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Analyst

What is the name of your state?
nj

My previous employeer claim that my job was terminated due misconduct at the job. The misconduct is not appearing at remote site in time two time in last 18 months of employment.

The appeal was made by my employeer to stop the unemployment benefits, which was granted based on this issue. The employeer has no system in place to verify that the time login was done from the work site. I was doing the time login which employeer claims was done from other location.

I am required to pay unemployment benefits back but would like hear your recommendations.

Thanks,

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
About your only option, and it is not a guarantee, is to appeal the benefits ruling. Nothing in your post indicates that anything illegal has transpired.

HomeGuru

Analyst said:
What is the name of your state?
nj

My previous employeer claim that my job was terminated due misconduct at the job. The misconduct is not appearing at remote site in time two time in last 18 months of employment.

The appeal was made by my employeer to stop the unemployment benefits, which was granted based on this issue. The employeer has no system in place to verify that the time login was done from the work site. I was doing the time login which employeer claims was done from other location.

I am required to pay unemployment benefits back but would like hear your recommendations.

Thanks,
**A: cut the crap. Why were you not at the remote site and where were you when you called in?

Analyst

HomeGuru said:
**A: cut the crap. Why were you not at the remote site and where were you when you called in?
I was at the site, however I am not how to prove it.

The side business are closed at 6:40 AM
The site does not have card reader which keep track of people coming in. I had to use Key to enter the facility.
The phone which I used is shared phone.

Any other suggestion / questions

Beth3

At a UC hearing, the burden of proof is on the employer to show that the employee engaged in willful misconduct. Therefore your employer must necessarily have some sort of proof that you weren't there on those days.

"We don't think he showed up" just isn't going to cut it.

Analyst

Beth3 said:
At a UC hearing, the burden of proof is on the employer to show that the employee engaged in willful misconduct. Therefore your employer must necessarily have some sort of proof that you weren't there on those days.

"We don't think he showed up" just isn't going to cut it.
Thanks for your reply. Do you suggest I should go thru attorney or make self presentation.

How can I request copies of evidence?

Thanks,

Beth3

The UC hearing process is set up so that attorneys are not necessary but if you want to bring one, you may.

Contact the UC office to request copies of any evidence the employer may have provided.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">