• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired due to pregnancy.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Amanda42

What is the name of your state? Florida
I was fired after 2 years by a child support attorney for being pregnant and having high risk complications. After I was fired I then filed for unemployment and won. Now he is appealling it because 5 days after he had already fired me, he sent a letter stating is was due to my abscenses and tried to cover his butt. I filed for the unemployment the same day I was fired. It is hard to find a job somewhere else when you are almost 6 months pregnant. IS this legal?
Amanda :confused:

Beth3

I was fired after 2 years by a child support attorney for being pregnant and having high risk complications. So did you miss work? If so, how much did you miss or did you request a leave of absence? What reason did the attorney give you when he fired you? How many employees does this law firm have?

These aren't idle questions. You need to answer them in order to determine whether your employer acted lawfully or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">