• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for facial Piercings?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

whoohaa

While four other young men/women at my workplace display facial piercings (includ. eyebrow, side of nose, side of lip, labret), my boss informed me that I would be fired if I was to get my lip pierced because the company manual says that facial piercings are not allowed. Is that illegal of him to do?

HomeGuru

Yes, because when you complete the piercing, your face will be ugly. Ugly is a handicap which is protected under the ADA. So if you get fired, contact the staff litigation attorney for the
American Dumb Association.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
An employer may set whatever dress code restrictions they wish, with a very few limitations (I think some states will not allow an employer to force women to wear skirts, but that's about it). There is nothing forbidding an employer from outlawing facial piercings, and you can be fired for violating policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">