• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired for failure to perform duty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Joannie

This is in Calif and I went to work for this company (salaried, management position) in Nov 2000. Was fired in October 200I am a state Cerified school bus driver instructor. I trained applicants to be licensed as school bus drivers, which has to be done by a certified instructor only. I was also responsible for the training and training records which also can only be done by a state certified instructor. I was hired for one location and then later ( a few weeks) if I would help out another location about 95 miles away. Both the locations were desperate for drivers needing to be trained. So for the first several months I was driving routes as well as training in the location I was originally hired for. It was finally March 2001 before I was ALLOWED by my manager to go to the other location. The manager of the second location told me my primary job was to get him some drivers trained. I would stay at a hotel near the location for the week. (takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks to train/license one driver. I was summoned back to the first location at their whim on several occasions and on the thrid trip to the second location about 2 months after my first trip I was asked by the manager to take a look at his records cause he hadn't had a certifed trainer in over 1 1/2 yrs.......YIKES!!!! Drivers by law much receive 10 hrs of inservice instruction annually...........no record keeping had taken place since her quitting. I did as requested and reported to him he was in deep **** and I estimated it would take several weeks to get everything in order. Hopefully they would not get inspected by the state before I was allowed to complete this. I had worked about 20 hrs on them when I was summoned back to the other location again. I verbally told both the managers the situation as well as the regional manager. Was told I was needed in the original location and that was it. to add to the twist here I had been rearended 1/30/01 while on the job and was under doctors care and had been prescribed therapy for my neck for 3 times a week for 3 months so I used this time to do this therapy. therapy ended end of October 2001. The 7 days prior to my termination was quite interesting. First I get a call from the regional manager that the Location had gotten a surprize inspection and had been given notice to clean it up within 30 days or they would be shut down. (I told you so) I was aske dto call and find out what they wanted I did and was told I would be sent there to fix it. On the Wednesday before I was suspended without pay pending investigation the drivers were voting in a Union. The union representitive came to the yard and passed by me and we just happened to know each other and she asked me about a mutual friend that was dying of cancer, we talked maybe 5 minutes and all the bosses were watching us talk. From that moment on I was treated very cold and was told the following day I wouldn't be going to the troubled location. I knew something was up and couldn't understand why. The following friday I received a letter in the mail with my termination notice stating I had been found negligent in my duties and the records from both location were my responsibility and I had failed to maintain them and there were several errors found. (no details) so what do you think I should do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">