• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FIRED falsely accused by insecure wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

plainjane

YOUR STATE NAME - Kansas
I recently losted my job with a husband a wife company. I was hired in sales by the husband and fired by the wife. I was hit blind side by this woman screaming and calling me every name in the book and telling me how I was having sex with her husband, with no explanation as to her bases of this.Which was and is absolutely not true. I am not overly friendly or even around him very often. Is this not some form of haressment or slander and unjust termination. Also when I started working for this co. in Oct. of last year I was paid and hourly rate plus a small commission with the agreement I could go straight commission when I wanted to. I decided to become an independent contractor and go straight commission in Jan. at the start of a new year. Am I entitled to unemployement based on last years wages? Commission pay is based on the $ amount sold when the job is complete. So, I have jobs that are complete or about to be complete am I entitled to the commission I have earned? I have also set up jobs for this next fall and the following spring will I be entitled to the commission off of them at that time? Also I did not enter into an non-compete contract but if I had is it inforceable when you are terminated?:confused:

Beth3

You can be legally terminated if one of the owners believes you are having an affair with his or her spouse. She may be nuts and the situation may be unfair as heck, but it's legal.

Regarding your UC benefits, you need to apply and let the State make a determination on your eligiblity as far as your IC status goes. Your situation is probably a bit too complicated for anyone other than a UC adjudicator for your State to advise you.

Lastlly, whether or not a non-compete is enforceable when an employee is terminated depends entirely upon the specific language of the contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">