• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired on family medical leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lisacuellar

i was fired from my employer for falsifying documents. i filled out the proper forms and have done it the same way everttime i have used this leave but this time they wanted me gone because the new supervisor wanted his girlfriend there and not me so he rode me hard wanting me to quit and upper management told me i had to go to day shift if i wanted him to leave me alone or i was going to loose my job. day shift doesnt work well with my schedule. i was ther 3 1/2 years and never got in trouble until e became supervisor. i filled the paperwork out and the doctor signed it and i filled in the dates i was off and the name and address of the employee. i took it to work the friday before returning on monday and they came in wednesday night and fired me for falsifiying documents. i received unemployment and they tried to sue me for it back but i won that case. i was given unemployment without and appeal and won agian when they tried to take it back. the labor board says they could see where the employer might be coming from so they wouldnt help. what are these people being paid to do. they basically said kiss their butt you have to you have no rights no matter how you are treated you have to respect them because they are above me and i cant exspect the same in return because they dont owe me. what kind of help is that? do i have a case and if so how much will i spend to see justice done?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If the labor board has said that the employer has a potential case it's unlikely that someone on the board is going to be able to help you. I can tell you that it is NOT illegal to fire someone while on FMLA if the firing would have happened anyway. You cannot be fired for taking FMLA but you can be fired for falsifying documents while you're on FMLA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">