• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired frome job after 30 years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tneumiller

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
I have been employed by the same company for over 30years. I have never had a bad review or any write ups. I went from working four days a weaks to one day a weak ( employer doing). I complained to my manager about this and told her that the contract that I signed stated that I work four days not one. I was terminated for insabordination. Do I have a case.

eerelations

Was it an actual contractual agreement, or an employment offer? If the former, then take it to a lawyer for review. If the latter, then unfortunately your termination was perfectly legal.

las365

It sounds to me like there may have been more going on. OP, do you think there was some reason the employer wanted to get rid of you? If so, what was it?

Hot Topic

With so many people having their hours cut these days due to the economy, it would be difficult to establish a case against the employer. If there's not enough work to justify the hours, there's not enough work to justify the hours. There's no entitlement to work because of the number of years spent with the company. If a claim were to be made due to termination because of age, proof would have to be presented.

I doubt the termination was simply for questioning the reduction in hours.

It's "week," not "weak," "insubordination," not "insabordination" and "From," not "frome."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">