• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired & having a hard time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dvastated

What is the name of your state?CA

I was fired two months ago from a bank. They were accsuing me of stealing money and couldn't give me any proof. They said they have some and have already reffered it to the FBI. When I entered the room, the manager started treating me like I was a criminal and told me to admit or else they would hand me over. I didn't take anything. He was threatening me to the point that I could not think right. He wanted me to make a written statement against my will. I never admitted anything, but was forced to say I forced balance my cash. They let me go.

2 months had past, I still couldn't get a job. I called my ex-supervisor and asked if I should say I was fired or I left for an interview. She strongly recommended I shoud say I left, so I did. A friend of mine who's working at a bank heard a conversation when someone called our bank to verify my employment. My acting supervisor handed it to another supervisor who wasn't even in my reference list. This person now told them she couldn't say why I left and should refer to HR.

If ever this company called the HR, do they have the right to say that I was fired? If so, then this would make me look like a liar because I said I left. Is it illegal for them to release such information?

This prevents me from getting a job and move on with my life.

Beth3

Your employer has the right to provide a truthful reason as to why your employment with them ceased.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your ex-supervisor gave you very bad advice, and you've just discovered why. It is absolutely legal for the bank to say that you were fired, and it is even legal for them to say why you were fired.

There are many companies that will be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt with regards to the theft since the bank has no proof. Few if any will be willing to forgive a lie on your application.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">