• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired, I think just because of my health.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chillin

What is the name of your state?kentucky
I worked at a supermarket, which is union. I basically got fired for saying comments to another employer which is 14, she would not open up her lane was getting me backed up. I was not regulated with my medicine which is adderall. Im add/adhd. My comments where, open up just because you are a guidulli you don't work. She started to cry of course. Then of course no one was helping me. Then she went to call her mom and her mom came in the store then I get sent home. I even went to tell the boss upstairs before her mom came in and she said she could understand that but, to find her afterwards. Then I got sent home an hour later because they said they warned me not to talk to her which they did but after I said that comment when I went to them. The next day I left being sick to my stomach due to my medicine. Then they give me a letter saying I was suspended indefinately because I left. Basically my question is can they fire you for making a comment to another employee, it wasnt cusing or anything. My boss also said they dont care if i do have add/adhd and I get alot of papers of constructive advice. I refused to sign them also because they werent true. Now I am suspended indefinatly, out of a job, just because I was sick and not on the correct dosage of medicine, which they dont care and I do have doctor papers. Do I have any rights? I am filing agreviance now and dont know if I should. I thought union jobs are suppose to help....Im puzzled please someone tell me what are my rights. :confused:

Last edited:

JETX

"Basically my question is can they fire you for making a comment to another employee, it wasnt cusing or anything."
*** Simply, yes. Your employer can terminate you for virtually anything as long as it is not 'protected' discrimination.

"My boss also said they dont care if i do have add/adhd and I get alot of papers of constructive advice. I refused to sign them also because they werent true. Now I am suspended indefinatly, out of a job, just because I was sick and not on the correct dosage of medicine, which they dont care and I do have doctor papers. Do I have any rights?"
*** And your refusal to sign the papers could be seen as 'insubordination'..... and cause for termination.

"I am filing agreviance now and dont know if I should. I thought union jobs are suppose to help....Im puzzled please someone tell me what are my rights."
*** Simply, file a grievance with your union and let the issue run its course. In the meantime, go out and find another job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">