• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for interview

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pictorious

What is the name of your state?

Pennsylvania

I was let go for going on an interview. I was told I was let go for "seeking outside employment" Can I be let go for just going on an interview? Can I collect unemployment if I do not agree to stay on long enough to train someone?

Beth3

"Can I be let go for just going on an interview?" While that's a harsh decision on the part of the employer, the answer is yes.

"Can I collect unemployment if I do not agree to stay on long enough to train someone?" Your employer is firing you but they want you to stay long enough to train someone??? That sure takes the cake. Your employer is offering you continued employment for a limited period of time. If you refuse, it's likely you won't be eligible for UC benefits for that period of time but will be eligible beyond that. That's best guess though - each State's UC reg's differ.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">