• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired in Iowa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

February

What is the name of your state? Iowa

The company I worked for lost my insurance benefits by not turning in my application on time. It took 3 months and alot of phone calls but I finally got a meeting w/ the Head of HR. At the meeting she accused me of losing the application myself and of disrespecting my manager. The told me to leave the building. Later I got a call telling me that I was terminated and not to come back. Anytime I would have a HR issue and have to go to management I would be hassled. I was threatened many times w/ termination if I didn't drop the matter. This time they carried through. Do have any legal recourse?

Betty

Sorry, no. Iowa is an at-will employment state & you can be terminated at any time for any reason not protected by law (ie age, religion, gender) or unless you had a bona fide employment contract or CBA to the contrary.

By the same token, you could have quit your job at any time for any reason.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">