• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired from job /criminal check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

natalie6281

I live in NC I was fired from my job from the employer conducting a background check 2 months later..the situation is on my application i did not answer the question, but before i was offered employment the HR told me she would check my background/employment and drug screen results before a offer was made to me..so i was hired thinking that everything was done,,well of course 2 months later i was terminated and i tried to apply for unemployment benefits but denied for misconduct due to my work..i have a hearing for my unemployment 2morrow..can i do something to receive my benefits?

ALawyer

If there was misconduct and the company proves it, no. If you did not engage in misconduct and worked there for a sufficiently long period to qualify for benefits (I do not recall what that is) AND they changed their mind, you'll probably get benefits.

------------------
To retain a lawyer, I suggest you go to http://AttorneyPages.com which is endorsed by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. This response is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. As you are not my client I have no obligation of any kind to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">