• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for jury duty falsification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mariefranco1315

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Can my employer use my jury duty id# and PIN to access the website to verify my jury duty status when I turned in the paper work?

antrc170

I don't see why not. You submitted the information as proof to your employer that is why you missed work. The employer has the right to validate that information.

Beth3

Sure. Or they could also have called the court clerk's office to verify your attendance; doesn't matter how they verified the information. If you falsified information, your employer has every right (and reason) to terminate your employment.

Hot Topic

Didn't you read the title of your own post????

If you'd showed up, you would have been given a notice for your own records that you could have then copied and given to your employer. If you showed up but decided you didn't want to wait to see if you were called for duty that day, they would issue a bench warrant on you.

Please don't insult our intelligence by asking if you can apply for unemployment.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">