• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired last Friday

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnvotaw

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Oregon

I was let go last week after working for the same company for 19 months in the state of Oregon. I never signed a contract but I was wondering if I have a case for wrongful termination. During the 19 months I did not have one performance evaluation and was not given a job description until 2 months ago. Two weeks after the job discription was given to me the owners indicated that they appreciated the effort and felt like we were turning the corner. I was terminated because after opening a new business on June 10th 2005 we had not made a profit yet for any of the months we had been open.

When I was originally hired by this company that just let me go I stated that I was concerned about leaving the seurity of a large company and coming to very small one where three brothers make all the decisions. All three of them assured both my wife and I that we were in this for the long hall and I didn't have to have any concerns.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I was wondering if I have a case for wrongful termination.

Nothing in your post suggests that a wrongful termination has taken place.

During the 19 months I did not have one performance evaluation and was not given a job description until 2 months ago.

The law does not require that you ever be given either a performace evaluation or a job description.

I was terminated because after opening a new business on June 10th 2005 we had not made a profit yet for any of the months we had been open.

Unless you have a bona fide contract that specifies a term of employment you can be fired at any time and for any reason that does not violate the law.

Beth3

I was terminated because after opening a new business on June 10th 2005 we had not made a profit yet for any of the months we had been open. Sounds like they didn't have the funds to keep you on the payroll any longer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">