• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired/last paycheck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

psb4560

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?tx I am a licensed nurse in texas. I have worked for a dr at a clinic for 7yrs. He came to my house last night to let me know he had to let me go due to complications with other office personel. I have not had any outward conflicts with anyone. He provided me with a check which stated - pension plan pmt.. My pay date is today. I get paid every two weeks. He provided me with another check which stated -pay and comptime,severance this check is about a full months take home pay plus about $250.00. My question is should i take this money and run or am I due more?? the pension is probably right. I had about 80 hrs accrued vacation and about 50 hrs comptime accrued. I have no contract with him it was all word of mouth that I was salary and would be comp time for anything over 40 hrs. what do you think??( the personal conflict i think is that his wife and new office manager , which is a personal friend to him, are now working at the office for about 3 months although I have not had any conflict with them or anyone else)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">