• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired For Lying on Application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Todd123

What is the name of your state? Oregon
I was fired for failing a criminal background check. I was sent by my Temp Service to a job where they had to do a criminal background check. I have a juvenile record. I put down what was on my juvenile record and I lost the job because of it. They Called my Temp Service in which they Fired me for lying on my Application.The Application Asked if I had been convicted of any crime within the last 3 years. Yes I have been convicted of crime within the last three years but I was under the age of 18 at that time. When I turn 18 my record was expondage so I dont have to put down on an application that I have been convicted of a crime. My questions is do I have to put that I have been convicted of crime even though it was when I was under 18? It was just a question. Thank You for your responses and Dont treat me like an idiot I just needed a question answered. From Your responses I got from u you made me feel like I am a idiot.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Who told you that your record was automatically expunged at age 18 and that you didn't have to put it down on an application?

HomeGuru

Todd123 said:
I was fired for failing a criminal background check. I was sent by my Temp Service to a job where they had to do a criminal background check. I have a juvenile record. I put down what was on my juvenile record and I lost the job because of it. They Called my Temp Service in which they Fired me for lying on my Application.The Application Asked if I had been convicted of any crime within the last 3 years. Yes I have been convicted of crime within the last three years but I was under the age of 18 at that time.

**A: so what, you lied and committed fraud by omission.
When I turn 18 my record was expondage so I dont have to put down on an application that I have been convicted of a crime.

**A: and you are lying again. And there is no such word as expondage. The word is expunged.

My questions is do I have to put that I have been convicted of crime even though it was when I was under 18?
**A: what DOES the question state?

Todd123 said:
I was fired for failing a criminal background check. I was sent by my Temp Service to a job where they had to do a criminal background check. I have a juvenile record. I put down what was on my juvenile record and I lost the job because of it. They Called my Temp Service in which they Fired me for lying on my Application.The Application Asked if I had been convicted of any crime within the last 3 years. Yes I have been convicted of crime within the last three years but I was under the age of 18 at that time. When I turn 18 my record was expondage so I dont have to put down on an application that I have been convicted of a crime. My questions is do I have to put that I have been convicted of crime even though it was when I was under 18?
Yes if it is within a 3 year period no matter whether you were a juvenile or an adult. Expungency does not exempt you from answering the "3 year" question truthfully.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">