• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for missing work due to work related back troubles.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MaxMiah

Wisconsin

I was fired for missing work due to back problems that were caused by the work I was doing. Despite extensive medical documentation that supported my injury.

I missed 19 days of work over about an 8 month period. Finally I was summoned to a meeting and was informed that I was to be put on probation for 30 days. Any days missed during this time would result in my dismissal. During this meeting I brought up the fact that there was the very likely possibility of my just no being able to work. To which I was told "There's always something that could be done" Two days before my 30 days was up, I had another bad back episode and missed a day and a half of work. Upon going back to work I was then informed that I was to be terminated.

Now my ex-employer is making a hassle for me to get Unemployment.

Can they do this?
Let me know if more details are needed.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In addition to Katy's questions, we also need to know how long you have worked for the company, whether it is full or part time, and how many employees your employer has within 75 miles of your location.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">