• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired need some advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

house242

What is the name of your state? GA

I accepted an offer from a company. They performed a background check on me and everything came back good, no discrepancies. I have the report generated from the company that did the background check. I started my job and worked for 5 days and on the 5th day the company put me on suspension as they indicated something came up in new background check they had requested that day. I have the second report as well. It appears that something came to their attention that made them want to request a "custom" background report 15 days after the first background check was completed. If they wish to not have me continue in their employ I assume they would would have to terminate me since I did work for 5 days? Or could they say the background check 15 days after the 1st completed check was part of their normal procedure. Of course that does not make much sense! In light of that am I due the time I worked, and a sign on bonus that was dependent on a background check that I passed initially? Seems like a fine line to me but I am curious as I do not know the outcome of my employment yet, but I am preparing for the worst. Thanks

I don't have much advice for you on this, hopefully a senior member can assist you....but do you mind if I ask what type of information was on this original background check? (not specifics about you) Was it just a consumer credit report basically, or more?--Reason I ask is I am awaiting on a job pending background check and I am very curious exactly what information will be listed on that report.--

house242

This background report included previous job verification, education verification, court records, ssn trace, ssn validation, drug test, and national criminal database verification. The request was made on September 14th, and it indicates the request was completed on September 15. It is a fairly complete background check.

Beth3

If they wish to not have me continue in their employ I assume they would would have to terminate me since I did work for 5 days? Yes, that is correct.

Gadfly

Only you know the answer to this, be truthful the question is, "Is there anything in your history that would cause a problem?" Again, be honest, I'm not talking about something that you have justified in your mind as ok, not something that your circle of friends says is ok, I'm talking about anything that the REST of society would have a problem with?

house242

This all relates to a criminal charge in my background.

Well I made a bad choice a few years back, that I regret. We all make mistakes in life, but I have had many years of good choices and not making mistakes. Everyone has their own perspective and so many times their perspective is clouded by our damn media. I think society would forgive me for the terrible choice i made a few years ago. If society knew the facts behind the choice I made then I do not think society would have a problem with it. Of course this is all speculation and not sure how this impacts my orignal question. I know based on my responses I did not lie on my application if that is what you are hinting at. I have a special status in the State of Georgia and it is not covered on the application. Anyway, I have not been fired yet, but I think i will find out Monday or Tuesday of nexxt week what the outcome will be.

CO19

house242 said:
This all relates to a criminal charge in my background.
"I have a special status in the State of Georgia and it is not covered on the application.
What special status are you referring to? What were you charged with and what was the disposition?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">