• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired For No Good Reason:(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MoEHOwARd

What is the name of your state? New Mexico

My son has worked as a bus boy at a local hotel restaurant for the past 5 months. Unlike his coworkers he is a good worker and gets his job done correctly and efficiently. He makes $5.15/hr.

He came home this morning and told me that his boss fired him for not doing what another employee told him to do. Apparently she is a very lazy waitress and tries to get him to help her wait tables but he won't do it because she won't share her tips with him. She told their boss that he wouldn't help her and the boss fired my son.

Is there anything legal that my son can do about this? Wrongful termination maybe? Please let me know. Thanks,
Moe

P

Pfaffing85690

Being an idiot boss isn't illegal. Tell your son to find another job where they will appreciate him. It sounds like he didn't need to be there in the first place.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, this is not a wrongful termination and your son has no legal recourse. It is not against the law to make poor management decisions.

It's a shame that this happened, but he's probably better off in a place that isn't managed by idiots.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">