• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired for no good reason

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marielou

30 days ago I was fired from a job I held for 17yrs. I was a nurse manager of a critical care unit in a very small community hospital. I was accused of dishonesty related to time card.working for another employer while on the hospital timeclock. i have credible documentation to dispute this. i was also approved for unemployment. I was warned for the last few yrs. they were out to get me. going thru my desk and timecard. i thought i was safe and have done nothing wrong.
ihave been verbal about ethical and competency issues at the hospital. I am an at will employee so why didn't they just fire me instead of making up a reason. they said there was nothing i could do about their decision. would it be worth my time and money to do anything?

A

Attorney_Replogle

Your situation really should be discussed in person with a local employment law attorney. The reason I say that is since unemployment approved your application, then that means as far as they are concerned you were terminated. Possibly in your state compensation is only given for terminations that do not involve fraud or crimes against the employer. If that is the case then by law the employer has to properly document the reason for your termination.

Last, I would definitely want to make sure the employer doesn't claim that I was terminated for fraud or theft if I didn't do that AND I had documentation to prove it. So, you can find an employment law attorney at https://attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">