• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired, no reason, no pay chek

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

greenpass

I have joined an employment agency which in turn deputed me to a reputable company. There is no employment contract or some kind of paper. The company also indicated they will pay 90 % of the pay rate which they get from end company.
I worked in that reputable company for 88 hours. On 11 day, at about 3 PM or so , I have been told that I need not come from to-morrow. I tried to find out the reason. None of the people whom, I work are able to give some reason. Some told may be budget problem. I am doing the JOB OK, I am able to meet their delivarables.
This incident happened three weeks back. When I called the employing company for pay chek three days back. They say they lost the contract and some mess up happened and they cannot pay for my 11 days. I have sent several emails "pl update my pay chek status". They are not answering.
For evidence of working for this company, I have the Xerox copy of the Badge and some work related email correspondance. Can some one advise me on this. Thanks:confused:

JETX

Texas Labor Code:
"§ 61.014. Payment After Termination of Employment
(a) An employer shall pay in full an employee who is discharged from employment not later than the sixth day after the date the employee is discharged.
(b) An employer shall pay in full an employee who leaves employment other than by discharge not later than the next regularly scheduled payday."

I would suggest that you download a 'wage claim' complaint from from the TWC website at:
http://www.twc.state.tx.us/ui/lablaw/LL-1(1199).pdf (English)
http://www.twc.state.tx.us/ui/lablaw/LL-1S(1199).pdf (Spanish)

These downloadable wage complaint forms also include specific statutory information and instructions. Once the complaint if filled out, I would consider taking a copy by the former employer with a demand that they pay you within 3 business days, or that you will file your complaint with the Texas Workforce Commission. Then, file if they don't pay you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">