• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired with no warning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jboy75

What is the name of your state? PA

i worked for a company where i was permitted to do things while in training and then once i was fully promoted i was fired for doing the very same thing that i did when i was training. they told me that it was part of the policy but if i was not repremanded for doing it before what grounds do they have to just fire me for it now. I wasn't even given a chance to explain or try to correct action they said that because it violates policy i was fired. it did take them 3 weeks to fire me though from the time of the incident. why so long and if it was such a serious offense how could they continue to let me work for 3 weeks until they fired me, just don't get it. :confused: :mad: :(

BelizeBreeze

jboy75 said:
What is the name of your state? PA

i worked for a company where i was permitted to do things while in training and then once i was fully promoted i was fired for doing the very same thing that i did when i was training. they told me that it was part of the policy but if i was not repremanded for doing it before what grounds do they have to just fire me for it now. I wasn't even given a chance to explain or try to correct action they said that because it violates policy i was fired. it did take them 3 weeks to fire me though from the time of the incident. why so long and if it was such a serious offense how could they continue to let me work for 3 weeks until they fired me, just don't get it. :confused: :mad: :(
Please hold your EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT up to the monitor so we can read it.

Oh, you don't HAVE an employment contract? Then look up 'at will employment'.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Belieze is right. Unless you have a bona fide employment contract that specifically states the reasons you can be terminated and this violates that contract, it falls into the "possibly unfair but not illegal" category.

In any state but Montana, and even in Montana in some circumstances, they do not need grounds to fire you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">