• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cheeseman888

California. my wife showed up to work and found her work station cleared of all notes and materials, plus her access to email was erased. her boss denies he fired her to co-workers. this happened one week ago. he still owes my wife $5,000.00. he does not return calls.

L

LadyFable

what did your wife do when she arrived at workt to find her desk cleaned? Was her boss or any supervisors there to ask? Did she just give up and leave her work area? It seems rather odd. Since the former employer will not return calls, perhaps its time to look for an attorney. Is this a family owned business or a corporation?

C

cheeseman888

she waited until he arrived some 3 hours later. with a smug look on his face, his first words were "this is not working out for you" upon which my wife replied "fine, I'll leave now and collect unemployment." He then vehemently said, "I didn't say it wasn't working out for me, I said 'it wasn't working out for you.'" she said she wasn't quitting, then he told her to take a few days off and scheduled a meeting that Saturday (3 days later). On Saturday he cancelled the meeting, didn't reschedule, and hasn't returned our phone calls. this has been a major stress for my wife, who is 4 months pregnant, of which he's known for the past 2 months and still worked her 50 plus hours a week for the past 8 weeks. her boss works at a MAJOR real estate firm. should we seek an attorney?

[Edited by cheeseman888 on 05-02-2001 at 08:11 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">