• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired for not working overtime yet have doctors note

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drr3rd

What is the name of your state? PA

Ok, I have worked for this company for 3.5 yrs. and i get paid hourly. well, we work 60 hrs. a week, 20 of that is mandatory. well, in the past, people who have doctor's notes to not do more than 40 hrs.or 45 hrs or 50 hrs or whatever, the company would not make the person do more than what the doctor's note said, and there was no negative consequences. now of all of a sudden, if you dont do the mandatory overtime--- they subtract the overtime you dont do from you sick time and dont pay you for it, so basically you loose the sick time and dont get pd. for it. and when you use the sick time up, they write you up and after like 3 times of not doing the overtime, they fire you. my situation is: i am about to get fired. for not doing the 60 hrs. a week of overtime, they have been deducting the refused ot from my sick time and i have run out of sick time. i do work 50 hrs. a week, i have a bad leg, believe its arthritis, i am on pain medicine, do physical therapy, had lots of medical tests, etc. and the doctor gave me a note for only to work 50 hrs. a week. it should be noted--- i have had the note for like 1.5 yrs. now. the new policy just started like a month ago. so my question is: can they legally fire me for that reason? its probably not a permanent disability since it seems to be getting a tiny bit better with therapy, medication, etc. and if they fire me, would i be able to get unemployement compensation? cause i do NOT think its willfull misconduct. i would appreciate any help in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">